This side dish has a place at any Thanksgiving dinner table, mid week meal, lunchtime topper or dinner party addition.
Roasted cauliflower, specifically roasted curried cauliflower is certainly not my invention. Cauliflower has been showing up in Indian curries next to the likes of potatoes and stewed okra for much longer than I have been thinking about the new brussel sprout for 2016/2017. Curried cauliflower also finds its way onto most build your own salad bars that populate everywhere where cooking is a sometimes activity.
This is any easy and fulfilling 20-30 minutes of your life. Totally built for batch cooking or for a one of side dish.
1 each cauliflower or 1/2 head of cauliflower, rinsed and patted dry.
2-3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (the more peppery the EVOO, the more antioxidants...)
1/4-1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1.5 tsp Curry Powder (which one? As basic as Trader Joe's and as opulant as your local spice boutique)
1. Set oven to 450F
2. Chop cauliflower into 1/2 inch slices, removing the green base. *Aim to cut the cauliflower to keep some of the stem in each floret as to not end up with cauliflower floret crumbles
3. Place cauliflower on sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and curry power. Toss roughly with hands or a spoon.
5. Place in oven and roast until tops are crispy and browned, approximately 20-30 minutes.
6. Squeeze 1/4 lemon on top of cauliflower out of the oven and serve immediately or allow to cool to use for a salad topper, grain bowl addition, weeknight side or alongside scrambled eggs in the morning.