The theme remains: stress free, homemade dinners. Grain free for your gut, low maintenance for your weeknight summer soul.
You could easily make this with cooked and canned chickpeas- but for a fresh sprouted approach, buy the dried variety. Rinse your chickpeas and throw them in a bowl covered with more than enough water when you wake up. They will be waiting for you end of day to be blitzed and drizzled for dinner.
1 Cup Garbanzo Beans, dried
1 small shallot
1/4- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Tahini
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Olive Oil to Drizzle
1. Rinse chickpeas (garbanzo) beans and place in container with fresh water until they are swimming.
2. Place in fridge for 8-10 hours (your workday)
3. When you return home- drain the chickpeas and rinse. Place in Vitamix with 1 cup water.
4. Begin blending on low. Increase speed to high to pulverize chickpeas.
5. Add shallot, salt, pepper, olive oil, vinegar and tahini. Blend until sooth, adding more water if necessary.
6. Place portion in bowl and make a mashed potato well with a spoon. Lick spoon.
7. Fill well with additional olive oil, sumac (the red sour stuff) and za'taar (the glorious mixture of thyme, sesame, sumac etc).
8. Enjoy with cucumbers or any veg slice in mind.
The chickpeas are filling and bathed in good for you Extra Virgin. I go sans fish here and opt for dressed kale for more greens.