How to satisfy: make a runny egg sandwich. How to really drive home a low key supper: make a runny egg sandwich. How to take a break from eating out of a bowl: make a runny egg sandwich.
This magic sandwich has a crave-able spread on it that might end up on all of your toast in the future.
Miso is going to show up in the next three recipes- cravings...
Protein, probiotic and omega-3 packed perfect meal package.
The miso, pumpkin tahini can also be made even sweeter by subbing the pumpkin for apple butter- a gift from me to you :)
Pumpkin Miso Tahini
2 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
1 Tbsp Tahini
1 Tbsp Miso Paste
(squeeze of lemon if you please)
2 each Pasture Raised Eggs
1/4 Organic Avocado (much tastier than conventional *)
2 Slices Whole Wheat Rustic Bread
2 basil leaves
1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
Crushed Red Pepper, Sea Salt, Black Pepper
1. Toast bread until very crispy
2. In a small bowl mix together pumpkin ,miso and tahini until well blended.
3. Slice avocado into thin slices.
4. In a cast iron skillet heat 1/4 tsp coconut oil. Crack two eggs and fry side by side.
*TIP use a plate to cover the cast iron to allow steam to circulate creating a perfect fried egg
5. Spread 1/4 tsp coconut oil on toasted bread.
6. Schmeare spread on one piece of bread and top with thinly slices avocado sprinkled with chili flake.
7. Place two (or one) fried eggs on top of avocado and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
8. Tear basil and sprinkle on eggs.
9. Top with remaining slice of bread and enjoy!