Simple soothing lentils can take twenty minutes of your time and you can reap the rewards as a meal base perfect for a poached egg (and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil). Good digestion rules and this will surely support.
Another straightforward recipe with my miso of the moment.
2/3 cup Red Lentils, (washed and soaked in water for as little as 15 minutes or as much as 4 hours)
1 2/3 cups Water
1 Tbsp Miso Paste
1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2 tsp Turmeric
pinch Black Pepper
1 to 2 Pasture Raised Eggs
Toasted Sesame Oil
1. Combine soaked lentils with water, miso, turmeric, pumpkin cardamom and black pepper.
2. Bring to a simmer for 20 minutes until soft.
3. Season with a squeeze of lemon as needed.
4. In a small saucepan bring water to a simmer and add a tsp of vinegar.
5. Reduce heat to just below a simmer and carefully drop in an egg.
6. Allow to poach for about 4 minutes until the white is firm and encases the yolk while remaining runny.
7. Serve the egg on top of the lentils with a drizzle of toasted sesame oil.