I loved this dish even before I made it ! I knew that a veggie packed egg tart off sorts, meant to be batch made so that you have meals and snacks for the week was the next move away from containers of grain bowl ingredients in my fridge. You can easily enjoy this warm or cold, wrapped in a lavash with yogurt and feta with extra herbs or on top of a simple salad. Versatile and so so delicious, I promise you will love this dish every which way and will be revved up to experiment with the fillings while you await alternate versions from me!
side note: I have never spiraledized a zucchini and the turmeric is meant to be in this recipe, not just because it's cool.
Adapted from JOON
1.2 to 1.5 pounds Zucchini (or any summer squash type that you enjoy)
1 large Vidalia Onion
1 large Yellow Onion
4 cloves Garlic
1.5 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 Cup Mint Leaves
1/2 Cup Basil Leaves
1.5 Tbsp Rice Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1. In a large pot or skillet, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil and sautee onions, zucchini and garlic until soft, about 15 minutes.
*this is A LOT of veggies- that is okay
2. Strain veggies over a colander, save the juice for a soup etc.
3. Chop the mint fine and whisk together the eggs with mint, turmeric, salt and pepper.
4. Whisk in the rice flour mixed with the baking powder.
5. Fold in the cooled strained veggies.
6. In a case iron skillet heat 2 Tbsp oil.
7. Pour egg mixture into skillet on medium. Allow the bottom to begin to cook.
8. Place skillet in a 475F oven for 10 minutes to finish cooking.
Serve with flatbread (lavash), Basil Leaves, Yogurt and Feta
Noosh E Joon!