Salad as a meal, with a combination of cool, crunchy, room temp, and sometimes warm components often equates to a people pleaser, and in this case an audience of both young and old(er) enthusiastic eaters.
The secret to super bright simple baked organic pasture raised chicken breasts is in the zest. A large amount of lemon zest transforms chicken breast into a perfectly sliced salad topper. Drizzled with a pungent dressing in this case chickpea Caesar, that while it is not a traditional caesar, I leverage heavy amounts of black pepper when making mock versions of the classic creamy dressing.
14 ounces Organic Chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
Juice of 1 Lemon
Zest of ½ lemon
1 Tbsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves
1 tsp Sea Salt
2 tsp Maple Syrup (optional)
Water to thin.
1. Combine the above ingredients in a high speed blender. Thin with water as needed until the consistency is that of a sauce.
3 Ears Corn
2 Cloves Garlic
1/2 cup Basil Leaves
1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
2 each Zucchini
1 each Lemon
Salt/Pepper/Olive Oil/Chili Flake
1. Remove corn kernels using a knife and set aside.
2. Dice zucchini, mince garlic, chiffonade basil leaves and halve cherry tomatoes.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet and add corn and garlic. Sautee until caramelized, about 3 minutes.
4. Add zucchini and continue to sautee for 2 minutes.
5. Remove the vegetables and toss together with the juice of a lemon, the cherry tomatoes and the basil.
6. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Add chili flake as desired.
3 Each Lemons
1 Pound Organic Pasture Raised Chicken Breast
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 Cup Basil
1 tsp Black Pepper
2 each Garlic Cloves
1. Zest lemons into a bowl and add minced basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Add olive oil and the juice of 1 lemon.
3. Add chicken breast and massage using clean or gloved hands for 4 minutes.
4. Place chicken breast on a lined sheet tray and bake in a 400F oven for 15 minutes.
5. Remove chicken and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the top. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before slicing each breast into 1/2 inch pieces.
1 Pound Baby Potatoes
1/4 cup Basil
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1. Rinse potatoes and toss with olive oil,.
2. Blister in a 450-475 F oven for ten minutes.
3. Remove from the oven and toss with salt, pepper and fresh basil.
6 Spears Romain Lettuce
1. Cut romaine spear into 1/4s
2. Lay spears on a sheet tray and place under the broiler for 4 minutes to char slightly.
3. Place on a plate and top with succotash, potatoes, sliced chicken breast and drizzle with chickpea dressing.
4. Serve with additional lemon on the side.