The simplest of recipes that is always on the table when dining Greek.
1 each English Cucumber
5 each Persian Cucumbers
1 Large Heirloom Tomato
8 each Kalamata Olives, split in half
1/4 each Red Onion, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp Fresh Oregano Leaves
2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 ounces Greek Feta (more pungent) or French Feta (more mild)
Freshly cracked Black Pepper
To Make it Hearty:
1 cup cooked chickpeas (toss with cucumbers)
1. Chop cucumbers in one to two-bite size chunks.
2. Slice tomato into thick 1/2 inch pieces and then cut each slice into quarters.
3. Whisk together red onion, 1 tbsp chopped oregano and olive oil.
4. Toss in tomatoes, cucumbers and red onion.
5. Place salad in a serving bowl and top with remaining tablespoon of oregano leaves and two blocks of feta.