Dinner in 20 minutes, The CLEANEST way to eat fresh fish
Tip: 1 each 8 ounce whole fish serves 1 person ~4 ounces of fish ( a normal serving)
Either buy a 1-1.25 pound whole branzino for two OR two small branzino (save the leftovers for fish cakes)
1 each whole Branzino (less than 1 pound)
1/4 bulb fennel
1/2 lemon sliced
2 thyme sprigs
1 rosemary sprig
1. Preheat oven to 450F convection
2. Purchase the branzino cleaned and de-scaled. In the open cavity of the fish, place sliced fennel, 1/2 of the lemon slices and the sprigs of fresh herbs.
3. Place whole fish on a parchment lined or greased tray.
4. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Turn on the broiler and crisp the skin for 5 minutes. If using parchment be sure to either transfer the fish to a tray OR trim the parchment around the fish so there are no loose pieces sticking out, you don't want to start a fire!
6. Serve with fresh greens, olive oil to drizzle and remaining lemon slices.
Cut off the head of the fish, check out the cheek, as this is one of the tenderest pieces of fish
Cut the fish in half lengthwise. Gently pull the skeleton to remove as a whole piece.
Enjoy and watch out for any pin bones!