Strawberry shortcake, I'm done, dead, fully complete.
The simplicity of strawberries and cream needs no vehicle, however one is always welcome.
We tossed together beautiful unsweetened coconut flakes, a few egg whites, a pinch of salt and a dash of maple syrup to make easy macaroons. Piled high with fresh whipped cream and supersweet summer strawberries. This treat is perfect in a summer pinch.
Simple Coconut Macs
4 Cups Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
4 each Egg Whites
1. Crush the coconut flakes with your hands.
2. Add maple syrup and salt. Toss well to coat all of the flakes.
3. Add egg whites and stir to combine.
4. Use a 1/4 cup measure or spring loaded ice cream scoop to pack mounds of macaroon mix.
5. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 360F for ten minutes until golden and still chewy on the inside.
6. Allow to cool.
Fresh Whipped Cream and Strawberries
12 ounces Organic Heavy Cream
pinch Vanilla Bean Powder or Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup.
2 Pints Strawberries
1. Whipped cream in a cold bowl using a large whisk until stiff peaks are reached.
2. Fold in maple syrup using a rubber spatula.
3. Cut the tops off of the strawberries and quarter length-wise using a pairing knife.
Place a large dollop (2 Tbsp) of cream on top of each macaroon placed on a serving dish.
Pile high with strawberries and serve.