Fresh is in, as it is almost summer and I am as excited about food as I am bored with the same old dish and desk lunch. I was in Watch Hill Rhode Island last week, feeling like I was in heaven because seaside is where I belong. The simply grilled swordfish reminded me that this is on of my favorite proteins to sear and enjoy alongside simple condiments.
This raw (or pan roasted) corn salsa is so delicious with fresh mint and blackberries. Serve with a the swordfish on a bed of arugula (or just alone) and dinner is served.
Blackberry Corn Salsa
1 ear of corn
1 pint blackberries
1 cup mint leaves
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Chopped Red Onion (optional)
1. Cut kernels off corn by standing the cob upright and shaving off with a knife.
2. Cut blackberries in half
3. Roughly chop mint leaves and add to corn and blackberries.
4. Add the juice of one lime, olive oil, red onion and salt and pepper to taste.
1. Season swordfish with salt and pepper.
2. Sear swordfish for 4 minutes on each side of a medium high cast iron pan with olive oil.
3. Allow swordfish to sit on a cutting board for 4 minutes to rest.
4. Zest 1/2 lime onto swordfish and squeeze the juice of the lime on the fish.
5. Slice fish into 1/4 inch pieces.
Serve swordfish with salsa and enjoy!