My Favorite Nut Milk. This is perfect.
100 grams Raw Cashews
450 grams Filtered Water
1/2 tsp Dried Lavender
1/8 tsp Pink Salt
1/2 tsp Raw Honey (optional)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (optional)
1. Place cashews in a container and cover with soaking water. Place in fridge for 4 hours.
2. Drain cashews and place in high speed blender with 450 grams water. Blitz on high for 1 minute.
3. Add lavender, salt and optional honey and vanilla. Blend on high speed for 1 minute.
4. Strain to remove any lavender pieces.
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
* Soaking cashews removes phytic acid making the nut milk more easily digested. Phytic acid is found in raw nuts, seeds and hulls of many whole grains. Phytic acid binds to minerals like iron which can lead to low iron in individuals eating a diet high in raw seeds, nuts and grains (vegetarians and vegans). Remember to always discard your soaking liquid!