Pie dough so perfect it looks like puff pastry. Just remember 3 - 2 - 1
Vinegar for texture (and flavor!) Make it with delicious butter and you will win.
335 grams All-Purpose Flour
225 grams Unsalted Grassfed Butter
122 grams Water, ICE COLD
1.5 tsp Maldon Salt
1 tsp White Vinegar
2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
1. Cube cold butter and store in freezer (1/2 inch cubes) temporarily.
2. Meanwhile, place flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
3. Paddle for 30 seconds on low to blend dry ingredients.
4. Add cold butter and paddle until butter is the size of walnuts.
5. Strain ice water measuring 122 grams. Add vinegar and add to dough in one shot.
6. Pule machine on and off until the mixture is "shaggy"
7. Turn out onto a counter. pat pieces of dough stacking on top of each other to form one shaggy rectangular dough pack.
8. Roll out dough slightly so that you can fold in it half (use a piece of parchment underneath to help you fold dough.
9. Pat dough/ roll dough out slightly and fold in half again using parchment to assist.
10. Turn dough and roll/pat out and fold into one more half a final time.
11. Tap dough with rolling pin and form even rectangle.
12. Wrap dough in parchment and store in fridge for 4 hours minimum.
Divide dough in half and roll out to make apple pie!