What a glorious wrap. I love the texture, the flavor and the simplicity.
Japanese eggplant is less bitter than Italian eggplants which is perfect for this straightforward preparation. Essentially you score and roast eggplant, scoop out the meat and create a fantastic filing. By refilling the eggplant and wrapping it in collards, you have a rockstar of a wrap.
Stuffed Eggplant Noosh Wrap
1 each Japanese Eggplant
1 cup Cooked Quinoa
1 Tbsp Hummus
1 Tbsp Harissa Paste
2 Tbsp Chopped Mint
1 each Summer Squash, sliced into disks
1/2 each Small Red Onion, diced
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 each small to medium Collard Leaves
1. Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Score the flesh of the eggplant in a cross hash.
2. Place eggplant on a baking sheet cut side up.
3. Place squash next to eggplant.
4. Sprinkle squash with diced red onion. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Roast vegetables at 450F, until onions are crispy and brown, eggplant is roasted through and squash is golden and roasted well.
6. Remove squash and onions using an offset spatula. Place in a bowl with quinoa.
7. Using a spoon, scoop out flesh of eggplant, being mindful to keep the shell intact.
8. Combine eggplant meat, quinoa, mint, hummus, squash, onions and harissa in a bowl. Mix well.
9. Scoop filling back into eggplant shells, creating a mound with each half.
10. Place two small collars on the counter and place eggplant on top.
11. Place two more small collards on top of filling.
12. Wrap entire eggplant with collars in parchment paper tightly to secure.
13. This can be refrigerated but is best served at room temperature.